Type the above number:


International students may be eligible to remain and work in Canada after completing their education from a Canadian post-secondary institution by applying for a Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). IRCC in its effort to retain international students offers this option. Under this program, international graduates may obtain (upto) a three year open work permit, allowing them to work for any Canadian employer in any industry. They are not required to have a Canadian job offer at the time of submitting this application.

If an international student in Canada completes a post-secondary program of study that is two or more years, the student can apply for a three-year work permit. If the program of study is between eight months and two years, then the student will be eligible for a work permit lasting for a period equal to the duration of the student’s studies.


Outside of Quebec, in order for an international graduate to obtain a PGWP after graduating, an international student must:

  • have a valid study permit when applying for their PGWP
  • have continuously studied full time in Canada, except for the final academic session, where part-time studies are permitted
  • have completed and passed a program of study that is at least eight months in duration at either a public post-secondary institution, a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions, or at a Canadian private institution if the student was enrolled in a program of study which led to a degree
  • apply for the work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation from their educational institution that they have met the requirements for completing their program of study

    At GIC, we provide you with the opportunity to permanently settle and work in Canada. Let us assist you with a stress free transition made easy with added benefits that lead to guaranteed success in this major step towards your future.


    Head Office: Office No - 434/435, Wing "D", 4th Floor, Sohrab Hall, 21, Sassoon Road, Pune, Maharashtra

    Branch Office: Office No - 324, Wing "D", 3rd Floor, Sohrab Hall, 21, Sassoon Road, Pune - 411 001, Maharashtra